Based in Boston-ish, MA
Catlateral Damage is a first-person destructive cat simulator where you play as a cat on a rampage, knocking as much stuff onto the ground as possible.
The original version of Catlateral Damage was created for the August 2013 7DFPS game jam. I wanted make a first-person game that allowed players to experience an unconventional perspective, and growing up with several cats led me towards the idea of a "first-person cat simulator". My childhood pet, Nippy, was the primary inspiration for the game since he was the epitome of what a cat is: aloof, condescending, and demanding while also loveable, cuddly, and friendly. After a couple press mentions due to 7DFPS coverage, development of the game into a full release began in late September 2013. In January of 2014, the game went viral on the internet thanks to a post by gaming site AlphaBetaGamer. The game was featured on most major gaming sites as well as NBC News and Time. During the hype, the game was put up on Steam Greenlight on January 13th. On January 21st, 8 days after the campaign launched, the game was greenlit with 49 other titles. On June 16th, the Kickstarter campaign for the game launched with a goal of $40,000. The funding goal was met 10 days later, and the campaign ended with over $61,000 and 2,500 backers. The game is currently in development in collaboration with Fire Hose Games as part of their indie accelerator program.
- Play from the perspective of a crazy domestic house cat.
- Destroy precious collectibles and expensive electronics with your little paws.
- Make a mess of every room in the house, from the bedroom to the kitchen.
- Procedurally-generated houses for endless replayability.
- Loads of collectibles, unlockable cats, and power-ups.
Catlateral Damage Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Catlateral Damage - Alpha Gameplay v5.3a YouTube
Fire Hose Games - Catlateral Damage YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie MEGABOOTH" PAX East 2015
- "Indie MEGABOOTH Minibooth" PAX Prime 2014
- "Indie MEGABOOTH" PAX East 2014
- "People's Choice Award" MassDiGI Game Challenge 2014
- "Indie Entertainment Prototype Category Winner" MassDiGI Game Challenge 2014
- "I WANT THIS GAME."
- Cliff Bleszinski, Twitter
- "Catlateral Damage is about as basic and inconsequential as can be, and that’s exactly what I wanted from it. Be a cat. Do total jerkstore asshole cat things. The end."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Catlateral Damage is as accurate a cat simulator as you'll ever play."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "It’s a fun little game about making a mess, what’s not to love? "
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "Ever wonder why cats love knocking stuff off of shelves? Because it's fun, that's why.""
- Danny Cowan, Joystiq
- "Independent game developer Chris Chung may have just answered the age-old question, 'Why do cats do that?!'"
- Michelle Starr, CNET
Chris Chung allows for the contents of Catlateral Damage to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Catlateral Damage is legally & explicitly allowed by Chris Chung. This permission can be found in writing at http://chrischung.com/press/sheet.php?p=catlateral_damage.
For the lastest news on the game's development, follow on twitter.com.
Tell all your real-life friends about the game and Like it on facebook.com.
Add the game to your circles on plus.google.com.
Post screenshots and discuss the game on reddit.com.
See the successful campaign and updates at kickstarter.com.
Check out the IndieDB page here: indiedb.com.
Original 7DFPS Version
Play the original version on kongregate.com.
About Chris Chung
Chris Chung is an indie developer in the Boston, MA area. He loves games and cats.
More information on Chris Chung, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Catlateral Damage Credits
Creator, Designer, Programmer, Artist
President, Fire Hose Games