Based in Boston-ish, MA
Catlateral Damage is a first-person destructive cat simulator where your goal is to knock as many of your owner's possessions onto the ground as possible. Feel what it's like to be a mischievous cat and show your human who's boss by eradicating his material belongings.
The original version of Catlateral Damage was created for the August 2013 7DFPS game jam. It's been featured on a few sites, including Kotaku and Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Some YouTubers, such as RockLeeSmile and NerdCubed, have also featured it in their videos. Development of the game into a full release began in late September 2013. In January of 2014, word spread rapidly around the internet thanks to a post by AlphaBetaGamer. The game was featured on most major gaming sites as well as NBC News and Time. During the hype, the game was put up on Steam Greenlight on January 13th. On January 21st, 8 days after the campaign launched, the game was greenlit with 49 other titles.
- Play from the perspective of a crazy domestic house cat.
- Destroy precious collectibles and expensive electronics with your little paws.
- Make a mess of every room in the house, from the bedroom to the kitchen.
- Multiple game modes, including Combo Kitten, Picky Kitty, and Cat Ops.
- You're a cat. You break stuff. Simple as that.
Catlateral Damage - Alpha Gameplay v4.2aYouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "People's Choice Award" MassDiGI Game Challenge 2014
- "Indie Entertainment Prototype Category Winner" MassDiGI Game Challenge 2014
- "I WANT THIS GAME."
- Cliff Bleszinski, Twitter
- "Catlateral Damage is about as basic and inconsequential as can be, and that’s exactly what I wanted from it. Be a cat. Do total jerkstore asshole cat things. The end."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Catlateral Damage is as accurate a cat simulator as you'll ever play."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "It’s a fun little game about making a mess, what’s not to love? "
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Chris Chung allows for the contents of Catlateral Damage to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Catlateral Damage is legally & explicitly allowed by Chris Chung. This permission can be found in writing at http://chrischung.com/press/sheet.php?p=catlateral_damage.
For the lastest news on the game's development, follow on twitter.com.
Tell all your real-life friends about the game and Like it on facebook.com.
Add the game to your circles on plus.google.com.
Read up on the dev blog at catlateraldamage.tumblr.com.
Post screenshots and discuss the game on reddit.com.
Check out the IndieDB page here: indiedb.com.
Original 7DFPS Version
Play the original version on kongregate.com.
About Chris Chung
Chris Chung is an indie developer in the Boston, MA area. He loves games and cats.
More information on Chris Chung, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Catlateral Damage Credits